Competition Terms & Conditions
By participating in the RADD Ohio Band Contest competition, hereby referred to as “The Competition,” you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. The Competition is being run by RADD Ohio, part of Recording Artists Against Drunk Driving (RADD) and The Elevation Festivals, LLC.
Eligibility to Enter
- The Competition is open to entrants 18 years of age and older. RADD and Elevation Festivals employees and associates are excluded from participating in The Competition.
- The Competition is open to any songwriter, artist, musician, and/or band with enough original material to perform for 30 minutes.
- Entrants must be located in Ohio and have the ability to receive any prizes that may be awarded to you.
- There is a limit of one entry per musical act. There is no cost to enter The Competition.
- You may enter any style of music.
- Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using the same, multiple/different email addresses, identities, or any other methods void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified. You may not submit entries for both festivals. You may only enter for either WonderStruck or WonderBus
- You may enter online only, via raddohio.org/wonderbus-2023-submission/ or raddohio.org/wonderstruck-2023-submission/.
- The winning prize will be a 30 minute performance on the RADD Stage at either WonderStruck or WonderBus, where the winner must perform all original music.
- Two winners will be chosen for WonderStruck in Cleveland, OH. One WonderStruck winner will perform on Saturday July 8, 2023 and one winner will perform Sunday, July 9, 2023.
- One winner will be chosen for WonderBus Music & Arts Festival in Columbus, OH. The winner selected will perform a 30 minute set on Saturday August 26, 2023.
- Each winner will also receive free access to the festival on their performance date.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable, and no cash alternatives will be provided.
- RADD Ohio and Elevation Festival’s decision on any aspect of The Competition is final and binding.
- Four finalists will be selected by a panel of judges, consisting of music professionals. Once the four finalists have been determined by the judges, the public will vote for the winner. The finalist with the most public votes will be selected as the winner. All winners will be notified via the email address provided on or before June 7, 2023.
- RADD Ohio will make two attempts to contact the winner via email.
- If the winner does not respond to the emails informing them of their win within 7 days of the second email, they forfeit their right to the prize, and RADD Ohio and The Elevation Group reserves the right to select and notify a new winner.
- By having entered the competition, the winners confirm they are able and willing to perform at either WonderStruck on July 8 or July 9, or WonderBus on August 26.
Data Protection and Publicity
- RADD Ohio and The Elevation Group group retain the exclusive right to use in perpetuity any media inclusive of ancillary rights created in conjunction with the competition including but not limited to; live recordings, video, interviews, and photographs.
- By entering this contest, you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third-party ownership rights exist to the materials submitted.
- If requested by RADD Ohio and The Elevation Group, the winner agrees to release their first name to any other competition participants.
- The winner’s first names or band names will be announced on RADD Ohio’s website and social media channels.
- All entrants of the competition, whether they win or not, agree if requested to record a short 30 second or less Public Service Announcement for RADD Ohio about making a plan to get home safely.
Limitation of Liability
RADD Ohio and The Elevation Group accept no liability for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of participating in the competition or being selected for a prize.
RADD Ohio and The Elevation Group reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to cancel the competition or amend these terms and conditions.
The writer(s) retains all rights to submitted songs.
RADD Ohio and The Elevation Group have no obligation to provide housing, food, or any other amenities and monetary compensation for the winner.